What if you could live free from the meds and health issues that cost you so much? There’s a cheaper and more enjoyable way!
We are blessed to live in a free country here in the US, but many of us are slaves to the medications we take on a regular basis. (I don’t want to raise your blood pressure, so I won’t ask you to add up your pharmaceutical expenses. Or the cost of your “other” meds, like booze, weed and shelf drugs.)
How would it feel to live free from all your medications? AND not have the symptoms??
At the risk of sounding like your medical doctor or a pharmaceutical commercial, do you suffer from:
- Tired, loss of appetite, mucus discharge, poor digestion, abdominal distension, loose stools or diarrhea, weak muscles, pale lips, bruising, excess menstrual blood flow, and other bleeding disorders?
These issues are tied to spleen dysfunction.
- Shortness of breath and shallow breathing, sweating, fatigue, cough, frequent cold and flu, allergies, asthma and other lung conditions, dry skin, depression and crying?
- Breast distension, menstrual pain, headache, irritability, inappropriate anger, dizziness, dry, red eyes and other eye conditions, tendonitis?
Those are rooted in your liver.
Or, do you suffer from any of the following?
- Insomnia, heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat, excessive dreaming, poor long-term memory, psychological disorders?
Do you struggle with…
- Frequent urination, urinary incontinence, night sweats, dry mouth, poor short-term memory, low back pain, ringing in the ears, hearing loss and other ear conditions, premature gray hair, hair loss, and osteoporosis?
Could be due to issues with your kidneys.
Blech. Not fun, any one of the above, much less one than one issue.
Here’s some good news. There’s a cheaper and more effective way to heal your body and minimize or eliminate the needs for meds to treat these very real health issues.
Every one of the above troubles are tied to anger and resentment in some way. Every. One. Yes, it’s true some troubles are just the natural consequences of aging, and it’s true anger and resentment get you there quicker.
Hear me, I’m not saying every med you take is tied to anger and resentment “ripples”, but I’m betting most are. Some meds serve a very helpful purpose to provide what the body doesn’t have. Meds can be very good in that way. And many more meds treat issues that could be avoided by learning to think differently. Learning how to respond in healthy ways rather than going 0 to 100 in a heartbeat on the anger meter. Learning how to keep that person in your past from ruining your present- again today.
The solution to anger and resentment is forgiveness.
True freedom is giving and receiving forgiveness.
Here’s more good news.
Forgiveness is a choice and a learned skill. Yes, you can become skillful at forgiveness. That’s where counseling could come in to help, offer help and lead you to healing. You might want to check out the possibility of forgiveness coaching if you’re having trouble on your own.
Next time your reach for the pill, your pot, or a bottle, ask yourself how much it’s costing you financially, how much it’s costing you in terms of daily peace and fulfillment. Whatever your costs are, I’d say it’s too much.
Love your body. Love your spirit. Resolve to lose the anger and resentment. For good. Do something about it.
Think about it- what would you do with all the money you save on meds?
Rev. Greg Griffin is a Board Certified Pastoral Counselor and Forgiveness Coach in private practice in Marietta, GA. His specialty is relationship repair and rescue- helping partners, spouses, and parents and their adolescents. He’s also the author of Dungeon Times Survival Guide, and Vital Faith.